Coronavirus & Our Church Family
How will COVID-19 affect church life over the next weeks?
We have cancelled the usual church gatherings of our church family on a Sunday morning. Both the Breaking of Bread and the All Age Service will not be happening in person until at least Easter.
Youth & Children
Our Parents & Toddlers, Ignite and Youth Group will not be meeting physically from this point forwards. We are exploring ways young people and children can still connect with each other and the church community.
Ladies Study & Life Groups
Our Life Groups and the Ladies Bible Study will not be meeting physically, but we recognise these are an integral part of pastoral care and fellowship as a church family. We are exploring ways that these groups can continue at a distance.
MREC Whatsapp Group
Official announcements for church life will continue through the usual emails from John Knight.
We are emphasising the importance of being together, even from a distance, through a new church whatsapp group of those 'local' to the church. This is for encouragement, prayer and some possible new programme formats.
You can also connect through the MREC Worldwide group with friends in other nations.
We are planning an AAS from a distance on Sunday Mornings at 11:15am as we gather together for worship, prayer and God's word. We are making arrangements for Breaking of Bread as a church family too. All of this is in development.
Ladies Study & Life Groups
We are testing formats to continue the Radical material with Lifegroups and to allow for prayer and fellowship from a distance. This is all still in development and we will be announcing the plan for a first joint online Life Group on Wednesdays in due course.
Prayer & Leadership
Elders and Deacons have already been conference calling and we are planning that E&D meetings / Leadership prayer times will continue in that format over the next months.
Friday's Prayer Gatherings are changing to an online format as we continue to pray together for each other and our communities.
What should I do to stay connected with my church family?
- Shocking as it sounds. Don't come to church on Sunday morning.
- Watch out for John Knight's emails over the next days and weeks.
- Join the Whatsapp groups by contacting Ian Raisbeck or John Knight
- Join us for our virtual church services on Sunday mornings (Discover how on Whatsapp)
- Connect and take part in the Life Groups and Prayer Gatherings. (Discover how on Whatsapp)
- Contact the Elders directly to let us know if you need pastoral care, prayerful or practical support. Including supplies if self isolating.
How can we love each other and our community together?
- As a priority we want to be a praying community. We have hope in the midst of these uncertain weeks and months.
- We want to provide for families and individuals in practical need. Message the leadership if you know of anyone.
- Those alone risk being isolated and lonely. Be sure to text and check on those in our church family. Make use of the Whatsapp group.